Contributing to the Handbook
In the spirit of the Wikipedia, be bold! Editing and contributing many small changes helps us keep things up to date!
Do not add any information to the handbook if it contains:
- Architectural information (like diagrams)
- AWS Account IDs
- AWS Bucket IDs
- Internal networking names
- Personal IP addresses or partner IP addresses
- Personal phone numbers or email addresses
- Google Group email addresses
It’s OK to include SSH instructions in runbooks, because those don’t necessarily disclose sensitive details of our systems.
If you want to include sensitive information in a relevant handbook article, put it in a private Google Doc and link to that doc the handbook.