Here are the Login.gov sprint teams, most of them are named after famous women in STEM fields.
- Namesake: Ada Lovelace, one of the world’s first computer programmers
- Focus area: Unsupervised remote proofing
- Namesake: Admiral Grace Hopper, a computer scientist and navy officer
- Focus area: Inherited proofing
- Focus area: Equity Study & API
- Namesake: Dr. Joy Buolamwini, a computer scientist, artist, and activist who has published foundational work on algorithmic discrimination.
- Focus area: In Person Proofing
- Namesake: Judy Parsons, As a code breaker working with a secret unit in the US Navy, Parsons was instrumental in deciphering the enemy’s secret codes, but her work went unacknowledged for decades after the war.
- Focus area: Cybersecurity and Anti-Fraud work stream
- Namesake: Katherine Johnson, a mathematician who was a key part of early NASA spaceflights
- Focus area: Authentication
- Namesake: Kimberly Bryant, an electrical engineer who founded Black Girls Code.
- Focus area: Partnerships Account Managers and Account Management Coordinators
- Namesake: Mary Poppendieck, a computer scientist and visionary in the application of lean manufacturing principles to the world of software development
- Focus area: Developer Experience: A new software factory and minimal platform to speed our secure development processes
- Namesake: Radia Perlman, the inventor of the spanning-tree protocol
- Focus area: Cloud Infrastructure: The cloud architectures and resources that make up our minimal platform
- Namesake: Ursula Burns, who has been CEO of technology companies like Xerox
- Focus area: Partnership website and partner console